Best Gynecologist In Fazal Town Phase 2 Rawalpindi
Dr. Qudsia Khan
MBBS , FCPS
08 Years Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the right time to see your gynecologist for the very first time?
Ideally, girls will schedule their first visit with Gynecologists 13-15 years old. It may be just an initial conversation with the doctor. You should be aware of what you can expect from your next appointments. It is recommended to see Gynecologists every year for an examination whenever there is a concern.
What are the things you should not do before visiting the Gynecologist?
A few things you shouldn’t do before the appointment with your Gynecologist are:
- Avoid using contraceptive gels because they can adversely impact the results of tests.
- Do not engage in sexual relations on the night before.
- Avoid self-diagnosis or self-treatment, regardless of how small the problem might be.
- It is not advisable to schedule an appointment for your menstrual cycle; however, it is completely based on a case-by-case basis.
- Do not groom your pelvis just before your appointment.
How can you prepare for your first trip?
- It’s normal to feel anxious. However, try to feel at ease and comfortable.
- Write down the questions you’d want to inquire about.
- Get medical information on your family members.
- Be bold about sharing your details.
It is important not to be shy; be honest, sincere, and open with your Gynecologist.
What can you expect from your first gynecologic appointment?
The initial visit may be a discussion between you and your doctor. It will also establish an agenda for your subsequent visits and provide advice from your doctor to remain fit and healthy, as well as take any precautions needed. Doctors can inquire about your health and medical conditions to better understand your situation. In certain cases, a few tests may be performed on the initial visit.
Is it possible for a man to visit a Gynecologist?
Yes. There are times when males go to Gynecologists to address their fertility issues and get treatment for Sexually transmitted diseases and Infections or other issues related to the health of their sexual organs.
Urologists are specialists in male reproductive and sexual health. They also treat and diagnose diseases affecting both genders’ urinary tracts.
When is the best time to visit the OB/GYN in case of the first time?
There is no ideal or correct moment; however, you must make an appointment for your first appointment to see your OB/GYN in the 6-12 weeks after the birth of your baby. Your doctor can guide you on the best time to visit according to your medical condition. The factors that can increase the number of visits to the OB/GYN are: