Cirrhosis Meaning in Urdu -Types, Causes ,Symptoms & Treatment
سروزیس ایک مزمن بیماری ہے جو جگر کو متاثر کرتی ہے۔ یہ ایک زخمی حالت ہے جس میں جگر کی سیلز (جسمانی خلايا) بے قابو اور بے قابو قدرتی ناقص ترمیم پر ہوتی ہیں۔سروزیس کی وجوہات میں شراب کی زیادہ مصرف، ہپاٹائٹس سی وائرس انفیکشن، اوور ٹائم دوائیوں کے استعمال اور دیگر زیادہ دوائیوں کے ناقص استعمال شامل ہیں
What is Cirrhosis ?
Cirrhosis meaning in Urdu جگر کی بیماری. It is a chronic liver disease due to the liver’s scarring and damage. Cirrhosis comes from the Greek word “kirrhos,” which means yellow. Cirrhosis is a severe and life-threatening condition that can lead to liver failure and death.
Best doctors for Cirrhosis in Pakistan:
Cirrhosis affects many people due to various reasons. If you or any family member has a Cirrhosis , seek medical assistance from a Nutritionist immediately to avoid complications. Fortunately, ilaj Mualja has the best doctors for Cirrhosis in Pakistan, you can book an appointment online through our Website.
Types of Cirrhosis :
There are several types of Cirrhosis, including:
- Alcoholic Cirrhosis: It occurs due to excessive alcohol consumption.
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD): It occurs due to fat accumulation in the liver.
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis occurs due to viral infections like Hepatitis B or C.
- Autoimmune Hepatitis occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy liver cells.
Causes of Cirrhosis :
Cirrhosis is caused by various factors that lead to liver damage, including:
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Chronic viral hepatitis B or C
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Inherited diseases like Hemochromatosis, Wilson’s disease, or Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.
Symptoms of Cirrhosis :
The symptoms of Cirrhosis vary from person to person and depend on the severity of the disease. The following are the common symptoms of Cirrhosis:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Swelling in the legs and ankles.
Treatment of Cirrhosis :
There is no cure for Cirrhosis, but treatment can slow down the progression of the disease and manage its symptoms. The following are the treatments for Cirrhosis:
Medications: To manage the symptoms of Cirrhosis.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid medications that can cause liver damage.
Liver transplant: In severe cases of Cirrhosis, a liver transplant may be required.
FAQs about Cirrhosis :
No, Cirrhosis is not curable, but treatment can slow down the progression of the disease and manage its symptoms.
Yes, Cirrhosis can be caused by inherited diseases like Hemochromatosis, Wilson’s disease, or Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.
The risk factors for Cirrhosis include excessive alcohol consumption, chronic viral hepatitis B or C, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD), autoimmune Hepatitis, and inherited diseases.
Yes, Cirrhosis can be prevented by avoiding excessive alcohol consumption, maintaining a healthy weight, getting vaccinated against viral hepatitis B, and avoiding risky behaviors like sharing needles.